- Lupin is a werewolf
- The whole set up with James Potters three friends and Snape.
- Snape isn't such a jerk, see! He makes a nice potion for Lupin. He would probably like to make a different one, but he is being kind and helpful. Okay, my soft spot for Snape is entirely based on my soft spot for Allen Rickman. I think he made Snape way better than Rowling wrote him.
Uncool points:
- The way Black treats Snape (I know, little things bother me) when he is unconscious. Is there no basic level of courtesy and respect with which all good Wizards treat each other no matter what?
- Forty pages of explanation in the Shrieking Shack. It was all important information, but it would have been better if it had come out at some less dramatic moment. I wouldn't have stopped to listen to a long story from Lupin just then, would you?
- Come to think of it, why didn't Lupin tell Harry more about his relationship to his father earlier?
- Further, how come all the cool things happen in the last hundred pages of the book. It's like the first two thirds of the book were bunny trails. It's rather like a Dickens novel that way... I rather dislike Dickens.
PS
ReplyDeleteSomeone who knows about werewolves should post about how Lupin measures up.